Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"Duck" Taping my heart rate monitor

I misplaced the band of my heart rate monitor so I decided to duck tape my heart rate monitor and put it inside my sports bra.  Yeah, that does not work.  Until I find it, I have not bee able to keep count of my calories.  I did manage to still make it to the gym on Monday and yesterday even though I was sick as a dog.  I woke up Sunday with a sore throat and a little cough.  By Monday, it got bad and today I couldn't even smell my gym bag.  Needless to say I am putting a hold on my work out routine.  Working out with a cold is not the best idea.  I had to go to the gym yesterday because I had another assessment with a trainer so I could not miss the work out.  I was so worried that my heart rate monitor would come off with duck tape as we were working out.  Luckily, it was just an assessment.  I did realize how much work I need to do.  He put me on a leg extension machine and I could only do 10lbs on both legs.  This is sad :(   Anyways, I am trying to not let that discourage me but it was very disheartening to see it.  At least I know what exercises to do to build the muscles again.  I think it will be very rewarding to see the end results.  I don't know how much time I will have to work out this week since I am sick and have things to do everyday after work.  I will also be driving five hours away to return a car I borrowed from my sister and flying back on Sunday :(  At least, I already made it twice to the gym this week.  This is just one of the weeks where life happens and you got to work with what you have.  I will try to make better choices with my nutrition this week since I won't be able to hit the gym as much.  However, I will be happy if I can just find my band and get rid of this cold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment