Sunday, September 12, 2010

I like it hot and sweaty

That is the way I like my Bikram Yoga.  I returned to my practice today and I feel one thousand times better.  I honestly believe that this is the only thing that will heal my body.  It allows me to listen to all the things that are going on inside.  You work out in a room that is about 105 degrees for 90 minutes.  My body is so stiff that I could literally hear my spine crack as I was attempting to do the stretches.  It is the one exercise where I can't cheat.  There are no knobs to turn down resistance and no downhill incline features.  It is just you, your mat, a towel, water, and your breath.   For some, gas is also present.  For me, my hairy legs accompanied me today.  I realized I forgot to shave some parts of my legs but I got over it.  I did wish I would have listened to the Vietnamese lady that tries to wax me every time I get a pedicure.  Oh well, the point is that I went, with hairy legs, but I went. 

Here is a little information from the Bikram website:

"Bikram Yoga is the 26 postures Sequence selected and developed by Bikram Choudhury from Hatha Yoga.

It has been proved and experienced by millions that these 26 postures systematically work every part of the body, to give all the internal organs, all the veins, all the ligaments, and all the muscles everything they need to maintain optimum health and maximum function.  Each component takes care of something different in the body, and yet they all work together synergistically, contributing to the success of every other one, and extending its benefits."

I recommend that every person tries this at least once.  And if you try it once, give it another chance.  Soon, your mind will forget how hot it is and you will focus on the postures.  

 I also reached my goal by burning 880 calories putting me at a total of 3,602 this week! 102 over my 3,500 goal!!!

Next week's goals are not so brutal.  I just need to survive my session with a personal trainer and do one more yoga class.  In calories, only 1,500. 

Stats are looking good -4lbs in 2 weeks.  


3 comments:

  1. Good job girly!!
    Just don't starve yourself please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome!!! GOOOOOOOOO Isa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks SuperChic ;) Don't worry, I gotta eat... all this exercise make one hungry.
    Clairice thanks for the support. Next time I see you, I will be on Kangoo Jumps and spandex pants :)

    ReplyDelete